Sarah competed in her first triathlon in St. Louis, MO in June of 2003 upon college graduation and became a professional triathlete less than a year later in May, 2004.
While in college, Sarah competed in cross-country and track at the University of Tulsa. She has a degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Mathematics.
Sarah grew up in St. Louis, MO and began swimming at a very young age. She swam on the Parkway Swim Club and ran cross country and track in high school. Sarah was a Missouri high school state champion in cross country and swimming, while attending Parkway South High School.
Sarah thoroughly enjoys teaching and coaching children and adults of all ages about the benefits of health and exercise, as well as teaching the skills of swimming, biking and running.
In December of 2006, Sarah married Nathan Kortuem, who is now her current coach and training partner. Sarah and Nathan have a fiver year old daughter Caroline, and a 1 year old son Connor. They reside in Eureka, Missouri.
- 51 Professional Wins
- 2004 U23 National Champion
- 2005 Los Angeles Triathlon Champion first Pro win
- 2006,2012 US National Champion
- 2007 Pan American Games Silver Medal
- 2008 Silver Medal at the ITU World Championships
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Team Member, 11th place
- 2009/2011/2012 Race To The Toyota Cup Series Champion
- 7x Winner St. Anthony’s Triathlon
- 4x Winner LifeTime Fitness and Chicago Triathlons
- 2011 Pan American Games Gold Medal
- 2012 Olympic Team Alternate
- 2014 3rd Race To The Toyota Cup Series
- 6 x 70.3 Ironman Champion
- 2x Winner of Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon 2014,2018
- 2016 70.3 Pan American 70.3 Championships winner
- 2x Winner of the NYC Triathlon 2016,2018