Spare lenses for the Defender Sunglass
Note - Bumpers not included.
- Multilaser Orange: 22 Percent Light Transmission
- Multilaser Red: 22 Percent Light Transmission
- Multilaser Blue: 22 Percent Light Transmission
- Multilaser Ice: 11 Percent Light Transmission
- ImpactX-2 Photochromic Clear to Black: 9-74 Percent Light Transmission
- ImpactX-2 Photochromic Clear to Red: 17-76 Percent Light Transmission
- ImpactX-2 Photochromic Clear to Laser Black: 13 - 62 Percent Light Transmission
- ImpactX-2 Photochromic Clear to Laser Red: 16 - 75 Percent Light Transmission
- Smoke Black: 20 Percent Light Transmission
- Transparent: 92 Percent Light Transmission
I just wore the COLOR IMPACTX-2 PHOTOCHROMIC CLEAR TO LASER BLACK lenses for a Triathlon and they were useless. I started my ride in low light at 8 am and they were fully dark throughout the whole ride and stayed fogged up the entire time. I ended up having to ride the last 45 miles with out glasses because I couldn't see the road or other riders. I didn't even bother bringing them on the run and finished the race with out glasses at all. I'm sure they are a good fit for some but they really let me down when I needed them.
This will be a review of *both* lenses...
A big selling point for me was that totally transparent lenses for riding at night were available here. Not everyone does that. These were clearer and offered better light transmission than what I had used previously. Less internal reflection with the Rx adapter than I had before- net gain.
The ImpactX-2 photochromic lenses that came with the Graphene Defender? They are a cooler shade of gray than I have experienced before, but adapt quickly and are *so* good for all conditions short of total darkness, that for me, any additional lens choice would be simple vanity.
I've had these sunglasses now for more than a year and they are amazing! Very comfortable and no issues with fogging up or coming off your face. I have three different lenses now and I love how easy they are to swap out making these perfect for all riding conditions!! The lense optics are very impressive as well! These sunglasses perform great and I am excited to try more from Rudy Project.